The Havens Local Offer Website
We are delighted to welcome all of our families from Newhaven and Peacehaven in East Sussex to this website. Our schools have worked together to gather as much information for you as possible about what you can expect if you have a child with additional or special educational needs.
Here we will advertise any events or opportunities that may arise across our schools that you may like to attend or find out more about.
- 1How do the schools in Newhaven and Peacehaven know if children need extra help, and what should I do if I think my child may have special educational needs?
This depends on a number of variables
- 2How will the staff in each school support my child?
- 3How will the curriculum be matched to my child’s needs?
- 4How will I know how my child is doing?
- 5What support will there be for my child’s overall well-being?
- 6What specialist services and expertise are available at, or can be accessed by, the schools?
- 7What training do the staff who support children with special educational needs in the schools have?
- 8How will my child be included in activities outside the classroom and on school trips?
- 9How accessible are the school environments?
- 10How will the schools prepare and support my child for the future?
- 11How are the school’s resources allocated and matched to children's special educational needs?
- 12How will the decision be made about what type and how much support my child will receive?
- 13How are parents involved in the schools? How can I be involved?
- 14Who can I contact for further information in each of the schools in Newhaven and Peacehaven?